With over a decade of experience and technical know-how, SOP (Save Our Planet) by Beng Hui Marine Electrical places emphasis in the design and development of ideal LED solutions- providing green and innovative energy efficient technologies and meeting demands of the harsh Marine environment at the same time. Missioned to “Save our Planet”, SOP is focused on creating innovative, reliable and quality lights to lead the Green Initiatives.
LED optimizes energy consumption as compared to conventional lighting, reduces maintenance through improved durability and allows great savings to one’s electricity consumption.
Selecting the right LED lighting for your applications remains a challenge for many owners, facilities managers or buyers. Most of the consumers are used to the traditional fluorescent lamps, incandescent bulbs or even the high intensity discharge lamps, available in fixed wattage with similar lumen output, similar lamp service life, standard lamp bases and similar conventional housing.
SOP pledges to deliver the highest-quality range of reliable LED lighting, allowing you to maximise your investment in operations and reducing your maintenance needed.
Be it a new vessel or an upgrade, “Going Green” is one of the ways you can amortize your investment within 3- 4 years (You can use our ROI Calculator to find out your cost savings).
Extremely Long Service life
- The declared service life of 50,000 hours or more is based on maximum operating temperature of the luminaires declared in the brochure (Typical : 50°C)
- Many lights in the market are based on T25°C
- Matching driver with ≥50,000 hours service life
* 50,000 hours equates to more than 11 years based on operations of 12hrs for 365 days: 4380 hours
Extended Service Life
For all Save Our Planet (SOP) LED Lighting, the service life declared is based on the highest operating temperature indicated in the datasheet: the service life that is expected when the light is constantly operating at the maximum declared temperature.
As most of the declaration of the data in many LED catalogues are based on 25°C, which all LED chips are tested. So what does it mean to you? You will get better lighting performance and longer service life when your LED system is operating at a lower temperature then the declared operating temperature in the datasheet.
According to the rule of thumb for electronics, if the temperature increases by 10°C, the service life of the LED system will be halved and vice versa. The increase in temperature will also result in brightness depreciation.
Our SOP LED Lightings also comply with stringent EMC requirements. For the marine SOP range of product, the lightings all lightings are subjected to 100% ICT, Burn-in test, IP test, Hi-pot testing and Vibration test, which also make it a perfect solution to use on board ships and coast line projects.
- Fulfill the Japan JIS 5600 7-1 standard
- Corrosion-resistant marine grade housing for marine application
- Vibration resistant
- EMC compliance: IEC 55015, IEC 61000-3-2, IEC 61547
- Usage of high energy efficient LED packages which are the top 10 of the LED manufacturer as Samsung, Lumiled and LG Innotek
- Subjected to 100% ICT, Burn-in test, IP test, Hi-pot testing and Vibration test
Technical know how
- In-house R&D capabilities
- LED engine design
- Control – Hardware /Software development
- Luminaire, Electronic, Optical and Mechanical design
- Own production and assembly facilities
Credible track record
- M39 Building- LED lighting has been in operation for more than 10 years
- Installed more than 500 LED projects
- First fully LED-lighted Factory in Oman- LED lighting has been in operation for more than 3 years